Friday, July 15, 2011

Gaming... my addiction. past and present.

Yes, I am addicted to gaming. I've played almost all genres of video games since I was a kid. It's a long story when and why I started playing. I spent a lot of cash in playing video games for the past 6 years of my life. I never thought of stopping until maybe when I'm working already and have a real life.

After 6 years of gaming, I still never get tired of playing video games. I still crave for the excitement I feel when I start the consoles, the PCs and the handhelds. I love killing monsters, killing fellow players ^^, completing quests, following a character's story until the end. It kinda serves as my escape from my boring and mediocre life filled with uncertainty. At least in video games you could do stuff you can't do in real life. It gave me the power to be somebody I cannot, and will never be.

But also after all these years, it kinda ruined my childhood too. I never got to play outside the house. I barely know our neighbors, I never had enough time to play physical games in the past. I really suck at socializing with others. I was stuck at my own virtual world, pretending to be someone I'm not, and being able not to be judged by others. Safe from the cold and harsh reality.

But sometimes I wish I could turn back time and stop myself to play too much video games. I want to be a kid again. I want to play outside with other kids. I want to meet my neighbors from the past. I live in a very nice and friendly neighborhood btw. and I never had the chance to meet the other kids and play with them back then. so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment